To apply for a work permit when you’re planning to open a business, you have to do it at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country and you`ll need to provide the following documents:
- A business plan.
- Evidence that you have enough money to invest in your business and support yourself.
- Proof of your skills or experience.
- Copies of any business contracts or commissions.
- Any applicable license or registration.
- The potential to create employment in Spain.
After obtaining your permit, you will have to prove you still fulfill all these conditions every year for the next five years. After this, you can apply for long-term Spanish resident status.
Regulated professions and businesses
Certain professions and types of business are heavily regulated. So you need to verify that you comply with the applicable rules for your situation. Your qualifications will probably need to be officially accredited and in some cases, you may also need to apply for a license.
Rules can also vary between regions, so you should check out the national and regional rules of the region you plan to base your business.